Three Home-Made Mouthwashes For Excellent Oral Health
Recipe Number One: Lemon Alcohol Mouthwash
- Brandy - 1 cup
- Distilled Water - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Myrrh powder
1. Infuse the brandy by adding one teaspoon each of dried sage, thyme, and myrrh powder. Cover the cup tightly and leave for two weeks.
2. Strain the liquid and add the distilled water. Shake well.
3. Pour three or four teaspoons into a glass and add the lemonjuice. Mix thoroughly. The mouthwash is now ready to use. Swish around the mouth, taking care not to swallow, and spit.
Recipe Number Two: Rosemary Mint Mouthwash
- Distilled water - 2 cups
- Fresh mint leaves - 1 teaspoon
- Rosemary leaves - 1 teaspoon
- Anise seeds - 1 teaspoon
1. Boil the water and then add the mint leaves, rosemary leaves and anise seeds. Let infuse for 20 minutes.
2. Let the liquid cool. Strain off and use as a mouthwash: Swish around the mouth, taking care not to swallow, and spit.
Recipe Number Three: Alcohol Free Mouthwash
- Antiseptic plant materials such as cloves, myrrh, goldenseal, and rosemary
- Boiling water - 2 cups
1. Add the plant materials to the boiling water in a jar and cover. Leave overnight.
2. Strain the liquid. The mouthwash is now ready to use. Swish around the mouth, taking care not to swallow, and spit.